Thursday, September 29, 2011

5 Ingredients or Less Dinner- Sausage and Saffron Rice

I Came up with this recipe over the summer when I was trying to use some Mahatma rice packets that I bought at the grocery store that I did not know what to do with. It has turned into a family favorite, even approved by my pickiest eater!! Gotta love a recipe with 5 ingredients or less!! Hope you like it. Let me know. 




The ingredients
Sausage and Saffron Rice
                                                







Sausage and Saffron Rice
Olive oil for the bottom of pan
1/2 onion diced
1 lb. Kielbasa sausage cut into bite size pieces
1 10 oz. package of Mahatma Yellow Saffron Rice( or 2 of the smaller packs)
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained

Put the oil in a frying pan and heat the onions over medium heat until clear, then add the sausage and lightly brown. Turn the heat off and in a separate saucepan cook the rice according to the directions on the package omitting the butter. Bring the rice and water to a boil and cover over low heat for 15 minutes. Then add the black beans and the onions and sausage and mix with the rice and cover and let cook an additional 5-10 minutes.

This makes 5-6 dinner size portions. I served with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment