Sunday, October 16, 2011






Apples in the crock pot sugared, spiced and ready to cook


It is a nice fall day(well it's only 80 in Charleston so it feels like Fall!!) the kids are outside throwing the football and I had some extra apples that I needed to use.  I decided to try my hand at applesauce(or stewed apples as my mother lovingly calls them) in the crock pot.  Here is what I did:






8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
3/4 c. water
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
3/4 c. sugar
Add it all to the crock pot and cook on high for 3 1/2 - 4 hours or low for 6-8.  Stir/mash when done and voila! chunky applesauce.  This recipe could easily be doubled depending on the size of your crock pot.  Added bonus...it makes the house smell great while it is cooking!


Oh so good and ready to eat!  Would be fabulous over vanilla ice cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment